Sunday, June 10, 2012

Surprise! We are going to be parents!

I would say no one was more surprised than us to learn we were expecting, but that may not be entirely true. You have to remember we have been telling them all for years that we had no plans of procreating- and we didn't. So to say the news was unexpected is the understatement of the century. We decided to wait until after our first doctors appointment at eight weeks to tell our family. It was my moms birthday so we used that as a reason to gather our family and tell them the news. We had a special card made for her that said "What do you get a mother that has everything? A picture of her new grand baby!" And we taped a picture of the ultrasound picture inside. She read it out loud in front of everyone and after a pause she asked me in disbelief if I was pregnant. I said yes, and then everyone cried and/or sobbed hysterically. Chess was secretly video taping with his phone and the video abruptly ends when he is tackled by his brother. Priceless.

2 comments:

  1. How can I get a copy of that video???
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on you gotta share the video. Or did you since I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading.

    Someone should have been videoing Chess. LOL

    ReplyDelete